Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Details

I shared with you how I upcycled a thrift store mid-century modern dresser here.  Well the dresser found its permanent home in my entry way.  I love the storage the piece offers, and it is a great place to drop your keys and the mail when you walk in the door.

Before
I finally added the finishing touches to the drawers by gluing some scrap booking labels on the front. (Just measured to find the middle and used hot glue.  Filled label holder with yellow paper).  It adds a nice pop of color, and could actually help me stay organized...which is always a good thing.





6 comments:

  1. WoW! I just love this. Makes me wish I had kept my mom's old hand-me-down dresser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, too bad you don't still have it. I found this beauty at a thrift store, so there is hope!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I really like the grey with the little bits of yellow! I have a similar dresser that I'm hoping to redo soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Just checked out your blog, and it's great. Hope to see your redone dresser featured soon!

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with this! If you don't mind sharing, what colors did you use? It turned out absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I mixed the colors myself from leftovers. I started with a dark grey and added white until it was a color I liked.

      Delete